Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Springville Religious Art Show

My friend, Emily Carruth Fuller and I decided to enter the Religious Art Show at the Springville Museum this year. We were both so pleased when we got accepted! Here are a few images from the opening:

This is the painting  I submitted. I called it “Mother of Nations.” It’s based on the story of Sariah (Abraham’s wife) from the Old Testament. I thought it was interesting that God referred to Sariah as “Mother of Nations,”  much the same way that Eve was called  “ Mother of all living,”  before she ever had a child. In fact, Sariah, “Mother of Nations,” spent most of her life barren. When I made this painting, I was thinking of the time between when she received that blessing, and when it was actually fulfilled. When I think about her life, I cant help but admire her long-suffering faith and patience.

DSC_1723


DSCF1294

DSCF1297
This is Emily Carruth Fuller’s painting, “Mary Holding Christ.” You can read about it more on her blog here. It was really fun to work towards entering this show together. We did a few critique groups before hand that were really helpful.  In this picture Emily is about months pregnant with her second child, and I am actually about 2 months pregnant here with my first.
DSCF1300

No comments:

Post a Comment