One of the things I love about Utah in the summertime is that just about every city seems to have their own "day." Spanish fork: Steel Days, Springville: Art City Days, Pleasant Grove: Strawberry days (we've actually been to all of the above), the list goes on and on. This year Riverton and Herriman both decided to have their "day" together, and we just couldn't pass up the double whammy. The Screen on the Green was by far my favorite part. If you live in the area, I highly recommend this list of similar events. I recognize that bringing a little one out to something that doesn't even start until after nine is risky business (move over Mr. Cruise), but it I think it worked out for us.
Pros:
My favorite price: FO FREE!
No babysitter needed
Bring your own snacks (Home-made chocolate chip cookies anyone?)
Lounge around in any position you want to
Be "out" in the truest sense of the word
If your kid makes noise, it's no big deal, because everyone else's kid is too. (Phoebs actually did great and we surprisingly didn't have any issue hearing the movie)
Cons:
Mosquitos--though I've mostly just had problems with this at Rock Canyon park in Provo. Last night was completely mozzie free.
Loosing things in your surroundings (a mud hole ate my flip flop)
Trash on the ground and the babies that try to eat it.
I'd say we have a winner.
![]() |
| Note a few kiddos dancing to the music before the movie starts. The movie was Dispicable Me 2 and this is Butterfield Park. |
![]() |
| This is Colin making the baby snort. |




No comments:
Post a Comment