While Colin was on the fishing trip with his family this year, I decided to spend my time with the baby at my folks house in Virginia. This was a really nice, laid back trip, since this time we didn't come over a holiday or a wedding. We spent a lot of time visiting (All nine kids were at home, and I got to visit with my brother and sister-in-law, my nephews, and both grandmas). Other than that, I spent a lot of time in lazy-lazy-loafing mode, and therefore didn't take very many pictures. Here are a few of the ones I did take:
These pictures are from a lovely event known as the
11th Annual Stafford County Cardboard Boat Regatta. Seriously. 11th. Where has this been all my life? When this popped up in my "things to do in Virginia" google search I was flabbergasted. I could think of no event that had "Snider" written on it so prominently. If you've ever rooted for the underdog, or romanticized a lost cause (in true southern fashion), then this event is for you. If you've ever said, "Sure, I'm going to sink, but I'll be hell bent if I don't do it in costume!" then this simply cant be missed. It is the quintessence of "going down in style."
 |
| Notice the themes? |
 |
| The poor velociraptor boat got the much deserved "Titanic" award in the pre-judging for "ship most likely to sink." |
 |
| Phoeb's enjoyed the sand at Aquia Landing "beach." It was nicely mixed with applesauce and cheddar chickadees by the time she got done. She had a good time, but that diaper was never the same. |
 |
| Note the aforementioned "Titanic" |
 |
| You sunk my battleship! |
 |
| Vinny likes to wait politely to be fed during dinner whenever anyone leaves him an open seat. Please and thank you very much to you if you please. |
 |
| Emily and Jake playing chess. |
 |
| Unfinished craft projects. It was suggested that the other canvas reflect our true family motto as coined by my mom: "Never steal the last coke and don't get on the news." |
 |
| While I was home, the family threw a little second/first birthday for Phoebe. In longstanding tradition, Dad made her cake. (with some decorating help from Bob and Jenn). |
 |
| This is a rag quilt that Mom made for Phoebe while she was there. It's her first big-girl (ish) bed cover. She also made this adorable bunting from the leftover fabric, which is now hanging over the window in the baby's room. Oh yeah, and of course I took a hold load of adorable first birthday pictures because that's what I do. |
 |
| Bubbles! |
 |
| The many ways to run away! |
 |
| Snort! |
No comments:
Post a Comment