Colin and I were so excited to take Phoebe to the Provo Freedom Festival Balloon Launch this year. We've enjoyed it ourselves in years past, but we thought with baby boo's fixation on her birthday "ta-moons" (balloons) in the not-so-distant past, she might be extra excited to see these big ones. Her reaction definitely didn't disappoint. All the early morning finagling it took to get out the door was completely worth it.
Below are our attempts to get a family picture with the ta-moons. This is about what that process looks like these days.
(BTW I'm about 23 weeks pregnant here.)
Read here: "Up high! Inna 'ky!"
Colin's brother and sister-in-law were able to join us for the Balloon Fest and the opening of the parade. The people across the street from us had a strikingly huge Great Dane that Phoebs was instantly taken with. She grabbed Auntie Mary and Uncle Brian's fingers and led them across the street into a rousing round of puppy mooching, which ended up including every dog in a fifty foot radius. Guess that's what aunties and uncles are for--agreeing to do things that exasperate Mom and Dad at the mere thought.
Colin caught me absentmindedly humming the Imperial March from Star Wars while I was writing this post and asked me if I was feeling "particularly evil today." Guess I gotta watch that. Interestingly enough, Phoebe had absolutely no problems with these guys, but just about mauled her dad like a cat climbing out of a bathtub when the cougar mascot got a little too close. I don't blame her. Mascots have always freaked me out too.
Phoebe with a mouth full of cream cheese bagel. Yum!
After the parade, we headed home to put the baby down for a nap and prep for a family picnic where Colin's younger brothers joined us as well. We went to Kiwanis Park in Pleasant Grove, thinking that somewhere in there we might get to hike Battle Creek Falls. I guess it's a good thing we decided against it. After all the picnicing, puppy mooching, and playing, Phoebe came home with sticky cheeks, a consistently thick layer of dirt, and an "owie knee" that we heard about for days afterward.
No comments:
Post a Comment