Saturday, August 4, 2012

Salt Lake Farmer’s Market and the Kimball Arts Festival

This was a really fun day our for us. Well, maybe it was a very Katie-centric day out for us, but Colin is always a good sport. We started out getting lunch at the Salt Lake City Farmer’s Market, which I had always wanted to try. It makes our little beloved Provo farmer’s market look like a dude selling knick-knacks out of the trunk of his car. We lucked out by coming near the end of the day. We bought some AMAZING fresh bread and had another loaf just given to us so that, “he could have a good home,” as the baker said. We paired it up with some cheese and fresh peaches, and pure heaven.

WP_000188

Heaven’s knows I love me a good troubadour, and there was one on just about every corner. They had some crazy band thing in the middle blasting 90’s grunge music. Nothing against 90’s music, it’s just the wrong Seattle music period for the setting. At least half of the market goers have hipster leanings. Try a little Fleet Foxes, or at least get a lady with a banjo! On second thought THE WHOLE MARKET IT FULL OF TRUBADORS! How about we nix those mammoth amps?
WP_000187
After the market we took off to Park City Utah for the Kimball Arts Festival.  It was awesome to see how many artists come out for the event. I would have taken more pictures…but people don’t seem to like you taking shoddy pictures of their work and posting them on your own blog. Go figure. I made Colin pull over the car so I could take a picture of this barn that I thought would look great in a sheep painting I am working on. Little did I know, when we got to the show, I spotted at least 3 paintings of the very same barn! Great minds must think alike.

WP_000193

My favorite parts of the day?
1. Looking at all the creations (obviously)
2. Petting the lump-of-a-cat that lives at Dolly’s bookstore (pretty sure I could live there too)
3. Sitting in the shade splitting a giant coke with my Colin. Don’t know why that part sticks out, but I remember it being particularly nice.
4. This crazy metal rooster. I automatically thought of my Mom. We had both read this blog post and it’s been a bit of an inside joke ever since. As a joke on her birthday I had my sister’s ding-dong ditch a smaller version on out family’s front porch for her birthday.

WP_000194

No comments:

Post a Comment