Sunday, January 26, 2014

Kitchen table, finally finished!

We’ve been without a kitchen table for quite some time now.  When we moved into our previous apartment, we underestimated the size of our sofa, and therefore didn’t have room for our dining table.  We’d been wanting to replace it for a while, and this was a good opportunity.  So we sold it, but then never bought a new one. When we moved into our new home, I decided I would build us a new table.  I started in November, but with the holidays, and a cranky baby, it took longer than anticipated.  So here are some photos of the process:

WP_000529
Started with a pile of boards

WP_000530
Legs. Would have been easier if I had just used 4x4s.

WP_000536
Top.  Boards attached to each other with pocket holes.

WP_000540
Assembled base before corner braces attached. Pocket holes to attach stretchers to legs.

WP_000544
Corner braces

WP_000545
Assembled base

WP_000541
Base with top

No photos of the painting and staining process, but here is the final result.
DSCF4450
Now all we need is some chairs…

No comments:

Post a Comment