Since we moved to the Salt Lake Valley, we have loved watching all of the “flyers” on the point of the mountain. From a distance they seem so peaceful, like little human butterflies. I’m sure if someone strapped me to one of those puppies and pushed me off a mountain, “peaceful” would be the last word to come to mind. I imagine there would be more blood curdling screams and mental images of failed childhood egg drops. All splatting fears aside, watching them from the ground makes me feel like I could lay down in the grass and take a happy little nap, counting fluffy little floaters as I fall asleep. Colin and I drove up here to take a walk around, and we must have stayed for an hour afterward watching people take off and land. It was just one of those happy moments for me when I felt totally content.
Friday, September 14, 2012
Draper Flight Park
Since we moved to the Salt Lake Valley, we have loved watching all of the “flyers” on the point of the mountain. From a distance they seem so peaceful, like little human butterflies. I’m sure if someone strapped me to one of those puppies and pushed me off a mountain, “peaceful” would be the last word to come to mind. I imagine there would be more blood curdling screams and mental images of failed childhood egg drops. All splatting fears aside, watching them from the ground makes me feel like I could lay down in the grass and take a happy little nap, counting fluffy little floaters as I fall asleep. Colin and I drove up here to take a walk around, and we must have stayed for an hour afterward watching people take off and land. It was just one of those happy moments for me when I felt totally content.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment