Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Ultimate Grocery List

Since we’ve been married, we’ve gone through a bunch of different types of lists for planning our groceries.  Some were organized by day, some by meal, others by section of the grocery store.  After much trial and error, I think I can definitively say: this is the best.

image

Here are the benefits:
  • Lists items by meal AND by section of the grocery store.  This is key; most other lists don’t do this.  Shopping is so much easier and faster this way. So many times we’ve been in the store, looking for something on the list, only to find that they don’t have it, or it is super expensive. We’d try to find a substitute, but it’s difficult when you don’t know what meal it goes with. The other benefit is that if I’m making dinner, for example, I can look on the list and know that I can’t use all the onion because it is needed for the another meal.
  • Fits on 1 sheet and can be easily attached to a clipboard (which has magnets on the back for attaching to the fridge)
  • 3 meals per week allows for leftovers if you eat 2 meals twice and one meal 3 times
  • If you want to shop for multiple weeks in one trip, just add another page
  • There’s a space to track costs
  • Section to write the source.  Name of the book or website where the recipe was found.
  • Can be filled out electronically or by hand.
If you want to try it, you can download it from the link below (it will look a little different in your web browser than the version you see above).
The Ultimate Grocery List

No comments:

Post a Comment